Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Quilting retreat July 2010

I attended the Coorparoo Quilters annual retreat at Mt Tamborine last weekend.  We all arrived on Friday afternoon and left on Sunday afternoon.  The theme was "Christmas in July" and we each had to make a block with the challenge fabric.  The blocks were divided into groups of 6 blocks and I was lucky enough to win one lot of blocks (the best group, I think!).  We also had to bring Secret Santa gifts - I made a little jewelry roll and also a pencil roll out of pretty pink & green batik.  I received a nice table topper in Christmas fabrics in a log cabin design.
All in all, it was a fun weekend.  We all worked on whatever projects we wanted.  I took along a foundation pieced table runner - a pineapple design with lots of small pieces (what was I thinking?)  I didn't finish it over the weekend - got through 10 blocks and have 4 more to finish off.

1 comment:

quiltinbysea said...

Thanks for the tour. Great looking sewing room.